Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Big Question!! this year is "what are you optimistic about?"

As my great aunt Sis is fond of saying: Well, shit guys (imagine it with a great souther accent.) what can I be optimistic about?

Sure, personally things are going good, but on the global scale, I got nothing. Perhaps I am optimistic that the Dems taking congress will have some positive effect on the environment, or at least slow down the damage. But really, I'm not optimistic. Recently my father had me over for dinner and asked me about the environment, sure that I would be able to explain what it would take for us to get out of the position in which we find ourselves. No such luck I must say. Him and my step-mother had been arguing over whether it was morally okay to create a false crisis to convince people to change their ways. When I explained that the real crisis would put any false crisis to shame, though they would likely not be around to see it, he was a bit taken aback. I always have been rather optimistic. These days, I just try for the best and expect the worst.

No comments: