Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm reading Nietzsche's Genealogy of Morals right now. I picked it up because there have been a lot of people talking about Nietzsche at school lately, he seems the new belle of the ball, or perhaps the bete noir, of SF state philosophy students. Maybe it's because I come to philosophy from an anarchist background, but I don't see the big deal. Sure, he's got some interesting stuff on etymology, and his discussion of punishment is definitely a must read. I'm going to have to talk to some of the newly molded Nietzscheans at school and find out what they think is so great.

Oh, and I've been invited to attend a retreat for up and coming young leaders with Willy Brown. It should be very interesting, I'll let everyone* know how it goes.

*all two or three of you who read this thing.

No comments: